Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 5

Taking my coffee black was seriously harshing my mellow but all the almond milk in the store had salt in it so I tried this recipe from Oh She Glows for almond hazelnut milk.  I don't have a nut milk bag so I used cheesecloth and a fine strainer.  I also didn't have dates or a vanilla bean and was not up for braving the supermarket in the snow so I used about a teaspoon each of cinnamon sugar and vanilla sugar.  Maybe it's because I'm not used to the strong taste of nut milk or maybe I should have followed the recipe more closely; either way I don't think I've nailed it.  But it's better than black coffee so I'll probably try it again.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, jam, coffee with hazelnut almond milk, apple, peanut butter.

Lunch: Leftover stuffed eggplant. Skittles.

Snack: Almonds.

Dinner: Leftover stuffed eggplant.  Marshmallows.


No comments:

Post a Comment