Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 15

Still working my way through leftovers.  I did get some wings which I tossed in oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and roasted at about 375 for over an hour until the skin was totally crisped.  I also made Alton Brown's stovetop popcorn using canola oil instead of peanut and whizzing up kosher salt in my mini chopper since I didn't have popcorn salt.  I skipped the butter which certainly would have been great but it was tasty without it.  If you try it I'd recommend using the widest shallowest metal bowl you can. Mine's more deep and narrow which I think makes it harder to keep the kernels circulating and thus easier to burn, but it still came out 95% unscorched.  Finally, I tried a recommendation from this Food52 post for putting tahini in oatmeal with honey and it is delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment