Friday, February 13, 2015

Public Service Announcement

If you are going on LID at the same time that your city is transforming into a punishing frozen hellscape throwing all means of transportation into chaos, make sure that your desk is well-stocked with snacks.  Otherwise, when you have eaten your last almond, the iodine-full vending machine is taunting you, and there is no chance of making it home for dinner at a decent hour, you will find yourself wondering how much iodine there is in printer paper.

That said, this guide on LID from the National Institute of Health includes a list of processed foods and snacks that, as of 2012, used non-iodized salt. There were some things in this guide that were a little different than the ThyCa document so go with your gut and your doctor's advice on which guidelines to follow. Personally I think I needed this period of time to test my ability to live without Fritos so unless I'm stuck in the office overnight I think I'm going to continue telling myself that they are not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment